Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Alumni Weekend

Well alumni weekend has come and gone. I can honestly say that it was one of the best times I've ever had, with many memories made. It all started with a Friday night show in Hyannis. We featured a special guest group called Firedrill during the show. Firedrill is a group composed of past Hyannis Sound members who got together for the purposes of making some more acappella. They competed in the Harmony Sweepstakes contest where they won the Boston regional event. They rocked the house with some tunes, and then us 2005 guys joined in for a round of "Hold On, I'm Coming" with Vic on solo.



Saturday was a day for HS 2000 to brush up on their set and for the rest of us to brush up on our ultimate frisbee. We headed to the fields to play an ultimate frisbee game of alumnus versus current guys. At first we thought this would be a really easy win, but it turns out that the "old guys" are quite good, and they certainly gave us a run for the win. However, we edged them out to become the champions in what will hopefully become a reunion weekend tradition.



After the game it was time to get ready for one incredible concert. We opened the show with everyone past and present in attendance singing "Hold On..". Then the 2005 line up came out with a 7 song set. I tried to profess my love for Samrat Chakrabarti during "Sweet Caroline", but he ran away. Here's a picture of Micah singing "Ready for Love"



After our set the group from 2000 (minus Matt Henderson, who is touring with his awesome band EastonAshe) and James Carran came on and absolutely rocked the house.



It was really exciting for me to see them perform because the 2000 line up of the Hyannis Sound was the first group I had seen and really got me hooked and wanting more.



All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. The former Hyannis Sound guys are truly some of the best people in the world, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am already excited and looking forward to next year's throwdown.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The alumni concert was awesome!! I'm so glad I was able to make it. 5th row, only because we got to the highschool at 3 and waited 5 hours, but it's all worth it!! See your guys Monday for the last Falmouth concert, :(

Cora

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was soo happy at the alumni show. it was incredible. you were all awesome! cora and i would have never run away like sam did. o well, c u monday. and then friday, and then sunday, and then tuesday.

luv lots and lots,
sammi

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad i didn't make it to the alumni! you guys did an incredible job monday night can't wait for next week! im soo sad joey's leaving!!! well..r u coming back?? cya monday and maybe friday

Jenn

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the reunion show was awsome!!! you bdid a really good job Robbie at Sweet Caroline. I'm sorry that Samarat ran away from you. it was pretty funny though. Group 2000 was really good so i had to buy that Annual Bootleg of 2000. I wish i can go to more but i cant so i'll see you next year (that's if u come back which you prob will)
~Ellie~

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The alumni show was really incredible! I am so glad I was able to make it! The 2005 group did great and so was the 2000 group. It was so much fun to see everyone on stage together. I can't believe next week will be the last week :( The summer flew by. See you tomorrow night in Brewster.

~Sarah

4:22 PM  
Blogger goldenshine07 said...

u guys cant leave!! im going to kidnap u all and hide u in my basement and make u sing for your food!! haha!! just kidding!! i just cant believe next week is the last week of shows guys..... soooo sad!!
~*K*~

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

robbie..you should blog more often =]

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/138298/

For Cooper, an acapella group doing nintendo music

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey..the hyannis show was wicked awesome on friday! i've never gone to a hyannis weekly show before so it was pretty cool! i can't wait for tomorrow but its gonna be so sad..my heart dropped when joey announced that he was leaving last monday..i was so sad..hyannis sound is gonna be so different without him in the group! saturday..there are def. gonna tears running down my face..because just looking @ joey and micah now..it makes me sadder then ever..the summer has gone by soo fast but next year should be good..even though joey's leaving =[ im gonna miss him so much..see you all tomorrow!

Jenn

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww I'm so sad that you guys aren't doing anymore shows now. :( I'll miss you 'til next summer.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home