Friday, July 15, 2005

MASC

So Wednesday was MASC as indicated in the previous post. It was probably one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I was giddy all day with anticipation. All I could think about was how awesome it would be to go back there. After all, this camp did things for me that I can't even begin to explain. Some of my best buddies today are friends I met there.

So we arrive at Stonehill College for the show. We're brought into a green room by Michelle and we spend our time warming up by playing hang man. Then we had to be very quiet during our warm ups because one thing that MASC is famous for is telling everyone that Hyannis Sound was not able to make it to the conference this year, then we run out right after. So we did our best to keep hush. Meanwhile I could hear everything going on the auditorium while we waited and all I could do was remember all the times I was a part of that as a student.

Finally the crowd is told by Noon (the master of ceremonies) that if they cheer really loud, maybe Hyannis Sound will come through the doors. 300 people start chanting for us, and we run on stage and get it going. I looked out and it was a very surreal picture. 300 kids having the great time that I had 4 years ago.

I gave the opening talkabout and it was awesome. I told everyone that 7 years ago I saw Hyannis Sound for the first time at MASC and I knew I wanted to do that. I said that it was great to be back and that MASC will be a part of them for the rest of their lives, just like it has stayed with me and helped me get to where I am today.

We sang our way through the set. They loved all the songs and during Sweet Caroline Micah had to go to the bathroom so bad that he ran off stage and through the auditorium mid-song to go take care of it. It was funny.

After the show I got to meet a lot of the kids. It was awesome, they were telling me about how camp was going and it was like they were telling me what I did years ago. I met up with the gang from Plymouth South and talked about how student council was going back at my old high school. We took a snazzy picture together.



After the show, Micah and I headed over the the quads for tranquility. Traquility is an event that happens every night of the conference where everybody gathers outside and they cool down, reflect, share inspirational stories and thoughts, and just sorta take it all in. It was the perfect ending to the night. And I gotta admit, a sea of blue glow sticks spreading from front to back, person by person, is a really neat sight.



I have to admit that just as I had hoped for, the performance at MASC proved to be nostalgic in remembering old memories and also exciting in creating new memories.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey robbie! i'm glad you had an awesome time! i love reading about it! love the deal about micah...haha that mustve been great! =P hehe anyways, keep us updated!! =D bye!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say how awesome you guys were...this was my fourth time seeing you guys (twice @ PCC and twice @ MASC) this was by far the best performance...you guys just seemed like you were having a blast up there singing

once again...thanks for performing and it was awesome

ryan from middleboro

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

robbie! whats up its jimmie....i was just at your house tonight....its fri by the way...just wanted to say awesome blog! ill see you next week!

-jimmie

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not have normally gone to a blog site but I can't stand the thought of you getting more attention than a couple of dogs. On a separate subject, after seeing your performance last at the church in Hyannis, it must be a source of comfort to know that, if yet another famous rap artist goes to prison, you can step in and fill their shoes

kerry from bethesda,md

8:31 AM  
Blogger goldenshine07 said...

hey Mr. Robbie!! great blog.... keep up the good work!! u were so funny last nite at the show in hyannis... it was pretty funny!! I hope u boys enjoyed Matty's sun glasses i was sitting in the front row.. me and my friend gave them to him!! matty should def. shave his head!! but i gots to jet lata homies!! :)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey robbie! i love your blog..can't wait until the falmouth show this week! 2 more days! =] i will have to meet you this monday..because i already meet joey,andy,and micah! can't wait! see you then!

Jenn

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there...well i saw you guys perform last night at the first baptist church and i was amazed. not only was it my first time seeing you guys but also my very first time to the cape! you guys made for a fabulous evening with a few of my friends. they have been raving about you since last summer!! you guys not only sing well but your stage presence is wonderful! so i may have talked about you a bit last night and it was sorta a dare to go on the blog and write that. apparently your story telling is much like mine which i will take a as compliment because i thought you were hysterical! so here i am and i may have a bit of a crush!(why all the sudden do i feel stupid? i don't really know you and you have no idea who i am but i am a bit embarrassed...oh well) i will be back to see a few more shows this summer! and btw this blog is so much better then the dogs.. i did check that out.. i needed to see for myself! haha later dude!

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey robbie...yes unlike noon i can remebr ur name...but i just wanted to say that i loved ur preformence this past week and it is on of the things we all look forward to every year...

dave

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey robbie! nice blog! keep it goin and soryr to hear about those dogs lol.. well i gotta jet!

and on the subject w/ Matty shaving his head? i think he should do it. i dont know if i could picture him with long hair!

seeya friday!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home