Monday, July 11, 2005

Can't Stop

Well it's that time of the summer now where things are just constantly happening. The 4th of July has come and gone and now everybody is finally down here on the cape for the summer. This was clearly evident last week at our shows when we suddenly saw a boom of new people in the audience. Here's a picture of the nice people in Chatham flailing their arms at me while I snapped the photo!


As people were mentioning in comments to the last post, Chatham was our first sellout crowd of the summer!

Also, just because it's the busy part of the summer now does not me we are just going to stop learning new songs. We have quite a few on the way in the next week or so that are really just going to rock your world. In fact, former Hyannis Sounder Mark Manley came down a few days ago to teach us a new tune that will be debuting later this week. The only hint I can give you is that it's a James Taylor tune...


Here's a photo of Mark taken shortly after he taught us the song. He always seemed so sophisticated, but wow, what a pose.

Lastly, a BIG welcome to new readers from Southofboston.com! My blog has just become a finalist in their Battle of the Blogs competition! That means that for the next month I'll be featured on their website and going up against 9 other fine bloggers. If you'd like to help me out just keep posting comments and tell the nice people over at www.southofboston.com what you think about what I write!

Unfortunately the birth of America trumped the Hyannis Sound's appearance in Falmouth last week. BUT, as far as I know, there's no major National holiday tonight, so we return for what promises to be a pretty amazing show! See you all there!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, i's megan (from mashpee high school / falmouth with the pitchpipe) just wanted to say hi to everyone, and i miss the cape and all the music! i'm at camp, and having a great time. hope all is well there
-meg

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robbie,

I wish I had made the performance in good ol' Plymouth, but alas brother's weddings tend to take priority (or so my family says). But I love the site, and can't wait to see you rock out this summer.

Sara M

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAN, just LOOK at you guys! It makes an old man proud to see you selling out Chatham like that. Way to go, boys.

And Robbie, great blog man! I'm glad to be able to keep up with you guys somehow.

Lovins,

Uncle Jimijim

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in the group that made the Chatham concert a sold out performance. This is the best HyannisSound group so far, and we've been followers for about 5 years! Great to have Robbie in the group.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home