Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Late Night with The Hyannis Sound

What a crazy night we had last night!

We got to Chatham and as I was getting my clothes out of the car, my tie got stuck in the door of my car, jamming the door shut. Fortunately Andy and I were able to pry it back open, but it was just a hint of how unpredictable that night would be...

So we are warming up for the show when we are notified that the show has sold out already AND there were many people who were not going to get in. It just made sense that we do a second show so everyone could have a chance to hear us sing. So we went out and had a great first show which included a special performance by Eric Fozz, Ed Boyer, Victor Sandman, and Mark Manley singing two barbershop tunes between our sets. Then, during the second show, all bets were off!

The second show was something one-of-a-kind. It featured just about the entire line-up from 2004, also with Mark, Greg Binstock, and Sasha Chanoff. We sang tunes from '03,'04, and some standards from way back in '94 and '95. It was truly awesome to sing songs that I had enjoyed so much as a fan like "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". It was a nice little preview of the HUGE alumni show going on at Barnstable High School on Saturday.

Suffice to say, there were some memories made last night!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you had an awesome time! wish i was there because i miss victor like crazy =[ well, see you next monday!

~ Jenn

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night was awesome! It was great to see some of the alumni there. I wish I could have been able to stay for the second show. I'm sure it was great :) Well, I'll see you again tomorrow night!
Oh, by the way, I hope your tie is ok after what happened with your car door :)

Sarah

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second show last night was AWESOME! you guys did awesome! missing victor and fozz though! Cant wait to see you guys tomorrow night in Brewster!!!!!

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the shows were awesome!! but i was wondering the name of the first song you guys sing... where matty solos-- its stuck in my head sooooo badly. can anyone help me out and tell me the name of the song? or some lyrics so i can find it??

p.s. robbie you are hilarious.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o0o you know the season's on when you have to do two shows!! i cant wait to see you all again!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HS2000... comin' at cha like a freight train... 2 days to go... barnstable high ain't gonna know what hit 'em... rellz, fozz, roo, ace, wrobs, dylan, sam, billy, jt and slick... gip like you've never seen!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now why doesn't cool stuff like that happen in Falmouth, lol! Well see you guys at the Alumni show on Saturday!

~ Cora

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, not fair! i miss all those amazing guys. can't wait to see the fozzbury jam (haha, spread it on toast. haha, talk to you tomorrow.

luv, sammi

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first song that matty sings is "Get Set" by Taxiride.

It was stuck in my head for a while too.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOZZ, ED, AND VICTOR!!!!!!!

I feel so stupid for not being in Chatham.

Make them all come to Falmouth lol. I miss fozz's kiddy expressions, Ed's solo, and Vic insane voice.

Woah, last summer.

Anyways Roberto, i want to do something really special for the last week of shows, especially the falmouth one.

Hopefully my craft will serve.

See you tonight

-Cass

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home