Sunday, May 29, 2005

The beginning!

Hi there! Welcome to my blog. I'll be taking time out regularly here to jot down all my experiences as a first-year member of the Hyannis Sound! I'll try to live up to the reputation Paul has for his blog from last summer :-)

Let me start with a little introduction. My name is Robbie and I'm from Plymouth. I live about as close to the cape as you can get without living on it. I go to Plymouth State University in New Hampshire (not Massachusetts) where it's really cold and snows a lot. I sing in a group there called Vocal Order.

I've been a fan of Hyannis Sound since I first saw them at an MASC conference in 1999. Since then I've been going to shows and listening to the CD's and now I'm actually in the group! I have to admit it's a dream come true and I'm thoroughly excited to be here!

Other pertinent facts: My current favorite food is Crunch Taco Hamburger Helper, my favorite movie is the Goonies, and I'm a huge Red Sox fan.

I'll also be posting pictures periodically from all of my adventures, so be sure to stop by often. I guess that's the deal for now, I'll be back soon to talk about my first few days. See you all this summer!


Here are the new guys grabbing dinner with Tim and Coop the first night. Left side front to back: Doug, Robbie, Matty Right Side: Andy, Tim, Cooper.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute guys. real cute. haha i cant wait for summer!! anyways, i dont know why i decided to write a comment on the very first post, but oh well. nice blog so far Robbie, don't worry you'll live up to Paul's "blog reputation"...he slacked off sometimes...KIDDING PAUL! yeah, good luck in the summer season..and with those allergies of yours!

~Kristin

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robbie, you are soo cool! heh heh i <3 you and PLy State! I'm planning on coming on friday and bringing something yummy like stuff shells or perhaps some kind of chocolate goodness. So keep an eye out for me. Till then, dance like no ones watching! ~Julie (from sandwich)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Rob Powers said...

Aww you don't have to make anything for us. But what we DO ask is that everyone come to the first week of our shows this week ready to get your world rocked, because we are more than excited to start putting on the homefield shows!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home